How could I change Google default drive folder in “C:/User Name/Google Drive” to somewhere else
When you download Google Drive to your PC a default folder will be created in C:\Users\[your name]\Google Drive. If you want to change the name or location of this folder you can do so by following the steps below.
- Click on the Google Drive icon in your system tray
- Choose Quit Google Drive
- Now move the Google Drive folder within Windows Explorer to a new location
- Restart Google Drive from Start –> All Programs
- Google Drive will warn you that it can’t find the folder, click on the Google Drive icon again and chooseError – Google Drive folder is missing
- A window will open up, choose Locate folder and go find the new Google Drive folder.
An alternative method, with disconnecting your account:
- Click on the Google Drive icon in your system tray (usually bottom right of your Windows task bar)
- Choose Preferences
- Choose Disconnect account, your Drive will be disconnected but your files will stay on your PC
- Click on the Google Drive icon again
- Sign in when asked, step through the set up until you reach screen 2 of 2 – then click Advanced setup
- Click Change to choose the folder name and location – if you choose an existing folder it must be empty
- Your files will now be re-synced down to your PC in this new location
- Delete the old folder and files – if you want to.